Jewish Odessa Virtual Real-Time Tour
Jewish Odessa is a phenomenon well worth exploring. So, let’s stroll through Odessa’s old town together and uncover the story of Odessa’s Jewry. Your guide will be live, on the street in real time answering your questions and sharing our city’s rich Jewish heritage.
We will take you to the Golden Age of the city’s Jewry. How did Odessa become the third largest Jewish city in the world in hundred years? Who were the early Jewish settlers? Why did Odessa become the “star in exile” for a Russian Jew?
During 1.5-hour virtual tour we’ll stroll in real time around Odessa’s old town and talk about the Jewish community from the city’s founding till the late eighteen hundreds. We see the Main City and the Brodsky Synagogues. We visit the monument to Isaac Babel, the writer who made the Jewish Odessa famous. We talk about the Zionist movement in Odessa and see where “modern Israel was founded”. We discover the places described in a Shalom Aleichem’s story, Jabotinsky’s “The Five” and de Waal’s “The Hare with Amber Eyes”. Yes, that famous novel, which told the story of the Ephrussis.
Join us! Let us bring the Jewish Odessa to you!
What’s included in the Virtual Jewish Odessa tour:
- Virtual tour of Odessa’s main sights: Primorsky blvd, Duc de Rischelieu statue, the monument to the Impress Catherine and Odessa’s Founders, the National Opera and Ballet Theater, Pushkinskaya street
- Tour of the Brodsky and Main City synagogues, areas of the pogroms, Isaac Babel’s monument and the last address in Odessa, location of the Odessa’s Palestine committee
- Interaction with the guide: two 15-minute Q&A sessions
- Professional tour guide who is an Odessa local
- Small group virtual tour limited to 15 people that ensures personalized attention of the guide
Joining & payment instructions
- This tour uses Zoom Video Conferencing. Don’t worry! We will email you directions and no need to create an account
- A whole family can enjoy the tour from a single computer
- Payment is made by Paypal
- If you need to cancel or reschedule for any reason, please do so within 48 hours to receive the full refund
- We do this tour as a group virtual tour (group size is limited to 20 people) or private virtual tour. Private virtual tour means that only your company participates in the tour. The participants can use different devices and be in different locations
This Virtual tour of the Jewish Odessa is our Jewish Odessa walking tour, which we are very excited to do in-person. When the travel resumes… Meanwhile let’s connect virtually and explore on Zoom. Here’s a sneak peak into the Virtual Jewish Odessa real-time tour.
We accept payments by Paypal
Group Virtual Tour
$12 per person to join a group virtual tour
Private Virtual Jewish Odessa tour
$40 total for 2 people for a private live Zoom tour
$60 total for 3-4 people
$80 total for 5-6 people
Contact us if you’d like to arrange this tour for a private party of 7 people and more.
How to join
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date and time when you’d like to join. We’ll respond to your email with payment instructions. Upon receiving the payment, we’ll email you confirmation and detailed instructions on how to join this virtual tour on Zoom.
- 2.30pm GMT time (3.30pm London time/4.30pm Central European time/7.30am US West coast time/10.30am US East coast time)
- 9.00pm US West coast time/5.00am GMT
We can set up individual starting time for a private virtual tour.
Virtual group tour — 12 people max
Private virtual tour — we are happy to do it even for 1 person
To book this online experience email us at email@example.com with your name, date and time when you’d like to join or click on the «Book the Tour» button below.BOOK THE TOUR